« Home | T-minus 14 days » | Tithing re:wired » | Sweet relief » | What goes around... » | Is it possible to fill a niche that is already fil... » | The power of generosity » | We got rid of our gas! » | I'm gonna freak out! » | Adventures in church planting » | It's a go! » 

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 

Too far gone?

"If we believe terrorists are beyond redemption, we can rip out half of our New Testament, since it was written by a converted terrorist who became an extremist for grace. It’s what happens when we discover that God has a desperate love for losers just like us." - Shane Caliborne (ht: jonathan herron)

What do you think about this? In light of the execution of Saddam Hussein, where do you lie? Do you think that forgiveness was too far out of reach for him? What about Paul?

It is easy to say that God's Grace is enough for anyone. I think that people that Paul had directly effected through his days as a killer, would more than likely not have had an ear to hear or given his the time of day later in his ministry. I think that would have played a part in why he traveled and ministered in the areas of the world that he did. He would have been an enemy of the state because he was a turn coat and an enemy of the people because he destroyed so many lives. I would like to think that I would have forgiveness for someone if they wronged me on that level, but I hope i never have to be tested in that reguard.

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.