« Home | I'm done » | Minor haitus » | Freaking out » | Worship music » | My wife rocks » | Back to normal » | Flurries » | Long week » | Going solo » | Potentially homeless » 

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 

T-Minus 19

Wow...19 days until our first gathering. We are so stinkin' stoked you have no idea! We have been prepping for the beginning of this adventure for 5 months straight. We are beginning to see interest pique and we are starting to connect with people we don't know but they know of what we are doing either by word of mouth or from the ad we put in the leisure guide or the press release that made it's way into the Mission Record. (For the record, I think I'm going to utilize press releases at every possible time I can cause...they're free advertising!)

I just really believe that this is completely God's dream and he wanted this church to be in this city for a specific reason at a specific time. I am convinced that we are right inside of God's timeline and he is about to do something so crazy no one could have ever predicted it! And it takes great faith for me to say that because our ducks are so not in a row. We are still short quite a few thousand dollars but I HAVE to believe that because this is God's dream, not mine, he will make it happen in one way or another.

Our first series that will span over the first four gatherings is titled Prison Break: Escaping Your Fears. I'm so excited to see what will happen as we talk about four of the most common fears people face every day.

On a different note, my computer is still in the shop. I'm really praying that they are going to replace the harddrive on warranty so I can get it back, sell it and buy a mac. I officially hate PC's! I just can't stand the fact that I don't have a computer. All you tech geeks know exactly the frustration I'm feeling. All you mac freaks are cheering me on right now. I'll be in the club soon I hope. We had our farewell at church on Sunday and the board gave us a gift card to IKEA which we used to go buy a new table and chairs set. That made Bek pretty happy.

Other than that, things are still going nuts. I'm meeting with a couple from mission tomorrow to share the dream with them. We're going to the theater to get measurements for signage. We are scrambling to get ready for the celebration of community in mission on the 16th (day before our first sneak peek gathering). I'll do my best to get a new Plunge e-newsletter out tomorrow. We've had tons of new people signing up lately. That's all for now.

I'm out.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.